Once you have been diagnosed with diabetes, the most important factor you can do is follow the proper therapy strategy to manage and control your blood sugar levels. While your doctor will prescribe a therapy regiment, it is often useful to know and understand which treatments are available and why certain treatments are used. Below is a list of therapy elements for each Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes is treated and controlled with insulin. Following the insulin regiment your doctor prescribes is very important. Type 1 diabetics who fail to correctly administer insulin are at risk of very high blood sugar levels and potentially irreparable harm to organ function.
- Your doctor will suggest a wholesome and well-balanced diet as part of your diabetes management plan.
- Monitoring your blood sugar level throughout the day is the most important aspect of your therapy. Your blood sugar count needs to stay in the regular range; blood sugar to high or too low can have devastating repercussions for diabetics.
- Part of your therapy strategy will be frequent doctor’s visits and blood tests. It is important to maintain your frequently scheduled appointments so that you and your doctor can analyze and enhance your current therapy strategy.
- Many cases of Type 2 diabetes are treated with out the use of insulin, though some do need weekly or monthly injections.
- A normal exercise plan is a vital part of any Type 2 diabetes therapy regimen. Type 2 diabetes is thought to be directly linked to big quantities of excess weight and operating to shed that excess weight can sometimes lead to the reversal of Type 2 diabetes.
- Medication is often not a part of Type 2 diabetes treatments. When it is used, medication is often becoming used to treat something other than the diabetes such as heart issues, hypertension, or other maladies related with becoming overweight or in poor physical well .
No matter the type of diabetes you have, a physician approved therapy strategy is the greatest way to make certain your future well . A quantity of different therapy choices are available to diabetics. Function with your doctor to develop a strategy of action that allows you to reside your life as normally as possible, but also allows you to manage your diabetes successfully. Diabetes does not mean that your life is over, but it does mean that you will have to make significant and serious adjustments to the way you take care of your body.